BELT LENGTH FORMULA:
- L=Inside length of belt
- C=Center distance
- D=Outside diameter of large pulley
- d=Outside diameter of small pulley
TYPICAL SEMI-ELASTIC BELT LENGTH CHECK:
- 7/16" x 14 1/8"
- Belt length to normalize between 14" and 14 1/8" at a tension of 4# after one or *more five second extensions to 14 1/2"
Caution: Do not extend beyond 14 1/2".
(* If needed to remove crimp caused by storage.)
BELT WIDTH TOLERANCES:
- Over 5" wide: 1/16"
- 5" and under : 1/32"
- Specially tooled
- narrow widths: 1/64"
- Up to 3" width (General): Diameter of pulley at crown to exceed diameter of pulley at edge by 1.6% to 2.5% of pulley width.
- Over 3" width (General): Diameter of pulley at crown to exceed diameter of pulley at edge by .5% to 1.6% of pulley width.
NOTE: MEI belting products are designed to run "true" with minimum pulley crown. Unless unusual tracking problems exist, minimum figures should be chosen since ideal drive properties are developed through uniform belt-pulley contact.
Antistatic MEI belts are semi-conductors. (Edge resistance less than 10 megohms.) They can be expected to adequately prevent buildup of an electrostatic charge providing the unit on which installation is made has a proper ground.
BELT FLEX LIFE:
Normal operational flex life can be projected in multiple thousands of hours. Routine MEI proof of concept testing has a duration of 2,000 to 5,000 plus hours.